The Top 5 Complaints Homeowners Have About Their Neighbors
Are you on good terms with your neighbors? If you aren’t, you’re not alone. According to a survey by FindLaw, about 42% of homeowners have some form of ongoing dispute with one of their neighbors. Let’s take a look at some of the most common issues that homeowners face when it comes to neighborly spats.
- Noise complaints. Whether it’s from constant parties or a new baby, noise complaints amongst neighbors are the most common source of grief. About 48% of people who had a fight with their neighbor said it was because of noise. If you’re dealing with constant noise from your neighbor, a privacy fence installation in Howell, NJ might be an investment worth making.
- Pets. 29% of people who have had a fight with a neighbor fought over pets. Most issues resulted from a neighbor improperly training or restraining an animal.
- Children. Like pets, unruly behavior from children can cause fights between neighbors. About 20% of people who said they had a fight with a neighbor fought over a child’s behavior. Running through a neighbor’s property, defacing property, and stealing were three of the most common child-related issues that caused problems between neighbors.
- Your home’s physical appearance. The appearance and upkeep of your neighbor’s home can affect your home’s value. Naturally, this has caused a number of neighborly disputes. About 18% of people who had a fight with their neighbor said that a property’s appearance was what caused the issue.
- Property boundaries. Do you know where your property ends and your neighbor’s property begins? If you don’t, your new fence, tree, or garden might cause a fight between you and your neighbor. Property boundary disputes caused about 17% of disputes between neighbors.
Are you looking to upgrade your home and enjoy a little more privacy in your yard? GMX Fencing is here to help! From classic white picket wooden fencing to sturdy and strong aluminum fences in Howell, NJ, our team does it all. Give us a call today at 732-410-6698 for more information or to get started!